Welcome to the last (hiccup) installment (a tissue, please) of the Waterfall Wednesdays Read-Along Event! The past few weeks have been a blog hop of fun as we drooled over knights and gowns, touched on some tender parts of our own stories, and fell in love with Lisa T. Bergren's wonderful River of Time series all over again.
This week's event is being hosted by our friend Nic at Irresistible Reads so after you've finished hangin' out with us here, hop on over to Nic's place. While you're there, make sure you sign up and leave a comment! -- You could win an autographed set of Lisa T. Bergren's River of Time series!
Now let's dig into the questions Nic provided for us:
Discussion Questions for Chapters 24-28 (the end)
1. After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic. Gabi questions the doctor several times what is in it but he refuses to tell. Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi situation?
Ooh. This is a tough one. Hmm. I tend to trust the Hippocratic Oath and that medical people want me to get better, so I probably would have taken it without much question. But... if it made me sick, that would have been it. I would refuse to take any more. Really, I would have re-flippin'-fused. It's happened before! Just ask my P.A.
2. Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Foraboschi win in the archery event as people especially Lord Foraboschi are becoming suspicious of them. But during the games Lord Foraboschi upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win. Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?
It was an unnecessary risk, but in her shoes I'm pretty sure that little red-suited guy on my shoulder would have encouraged me to throw caution to the wind. Yeah, I'd want to win. And maybe engage in some non-verbal trashtalk while doing it!
3. When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth. Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her. Do you think this is believable? What would you have done if you were Marcello?
I think that even though Marcello took Gabi to the tombs, and he believed/hoped something there would heal her, hope had more to do with it than actual belief in the idea of time travel. In my opinion, he probably didn't really believe her full story until she disappeared; but he trusted her IN HOPE because he loved her and was willing to cast doubt aside in his desperation to save her.
It was believable because Marcello is THAT GUY. He just is.
4. In the end Gabi and Lia return home. Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?
Well, I've read all three books, so, um.. yeah; pretty sure she'll go back. And I would totally go back if Marcello was waitng for me. Like I said, he is THAT GUY. (But I'd bring a suitcase or two filled with hygiene and medical items for sure!)
5. Looking back at Waterfall what was your favourite moment?
Even though this is really Gabi and Marcello's story, when Luca sees Lia's archery skills for the first time, well... that got my biggest smile of the whole book.
She was already on one knee, squinting and taking aim at the second as he turned, spotting us. She let the next arrow fly, and the arrow struck him in the chest, driving him backward, over the parapet wall."Saints in heaven, I believe I'm in love," Luca growled, running past me, sword drawn, to go to Marcello's aid. He glanced from my sister to me with a wink. (Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren, pg. 284)
Man, I love that scene!
Well, it is with sad heart and plaintive sigh that I bid farewell to Waterfall Wednesdays... but wait! We have a winner to announce! The winner from Week 3, when Waterfall Wednesday was hosted right here at Edgy Inspirational Romance is: Jamie from The Dancing Lawn.
Congratulations, Jamie! You will be receiving an autographed set of The River of Time series from Lisa T. Bergren!
As always, stay tuned for more fun and giveaways here at Edgy Inspirational Romance and make sure you blog hop your way around this final episode of the Waterfall Read-Along Event by stopping to leave a comment for Nic at Irresitible Reads!
Happy reading! And may your dreams be filled with handsome Italian knights!