Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Top Ten Forgotten BBAW Categories
(Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, but I'm going rogue this week and picking my own topic).
Book Blogger Appreciation Week and I want to thank everyone who nominated Edgy Inspirational Romance in both the Romance and Spiritual/ Inspirational/ Religious categories. We could only accept one nomination and chose Inspy since it's a better fit.
The whole BBAW process got me thinking of categories I wish I could create for some of my favorite people. If you're looking for a new book blog to follow, all of these bloggers review Christian fiction (though some not exclusively).
1. Most Intellectual Book Blogger- Kate at The Parchment Girl. My IQ jumps two notches just commenting her reviews.
2. Best Networker- Juju at Tales of Whimsy. I dare you to find a book blog anywhere on the World Wide Web that Juju hasn't commented on.
3. Most Encouraging- Rel at Relz Reviewz and Amber at Seasons of Humility. Watching the supportive way Rel interacts with authors and bloggers on Twitter makes me want to be a better social networker and Amber is a natural cheerleader who inspires everyone around her.
4. Kindred Spirits- (AKA the bloggers most likely to be reading something I want to read) Renee at Black n Gold Girl's Book Spot, and Heather at Proud Book Nerd.
5. Best Book Bloggers South of the Mason Dixon Line- Christy at Southern Sassy Things and Tammy at Bluerose's Heart. Y'all check 'em out now, ya' hear?
6. Most Likely to Succeed-- (AKA a blogger you're not following yet but will be) Julie at My Only Vice. Her numbers may be small, but this is one blogger you'll want to read. Be sure to check her out.
7. Most Beautiful Profile Picture- (AKA the blogger who could take up modeling if the whole book review thing didn't work out). Lydia at The Overweight Bookshelf.
8. Most Likely to Steal Your Book Boyfriend: If your man wears combat boots and hangs out in Ronie Kendig books he's not safe around Jules from My Own Little Corner of the World (or Rel and Renee for that matter) and if Lisa Bergren set you up with Marcello Fiorelli, keep your eye on Tina from Tina's Book Reviews.
9. Most Likely to Write a Book I'll Want to Review: Casey at Writing for Christ, and Renee Ann at Doorkeeper
10. Most helpful info: Kiki at Vessel Project and Gina at Hott Books. My go-to girls for Kindle/Nook freebies and book giveaways.
It's not too late to participate in Book Blogger Appreciation Week! Head over to BBAW to register and you'll be able to vote for your favorite book blogs in September.