1. Best book of 2010?
It's impossible to pick just one. My list of top
My favorite mainstream title would be Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
2. Worst book of 2010?
I really don't like to name names...
3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010?
...but I will in this case. Charlaine Harris's Dead in the Family. This one lacked the luster of earlier titles. To borrow a phrase from the author, I think it's time for this southern vampire series to meet the sun.
And time for Sookie to end up with Sam (in case Charlaine's taking requests).
And probably time for me to stop reading vampire books.
4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010?
No Other by Shawna K. Williams
5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010?
Even though they're older, I'm always talking about Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, and Deeanne Gist's A Bride Most Begrudging and Measure of a Lady. Perfect examples of why I love edgy inspirational romance.
6. Best series you discovered in 2010?
Hands down, The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010?
8. Most hilarious read of 2010?
Doctor in Petticoats by Mary Connealy. Don't read it if you hate laughing.
9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010?
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games Trilogy)
10. Book you most anticipated in 2010?
A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins are tied for most anticipated and for the only books in 2010 that I actually posed with.
11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010?
A Pearl in the Sand by Tessa Afshar
12. Most memorable character in 2010?
The boy with the bread, Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games Trilogy.
13. Most beautifully written book in 2010?
Havah by Tosca Lee
14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010?
Goal, Motivation, Conflict by Debra Dixon
15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read?
Again, Goal, Motivation and Conflict.
Book Blogging in 2010:
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2010?
Since I just started this year, they're all new to me. But I love the camaraderie I've built with my fellow inspy book bloggers. I listed several of their blogs in this post from September, but there are more on my buttons page.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010?
Never Without Hope by Michelle Sutton. It was one of the first books I reviewed on this blog and I like the way it turned out.
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
I really enjoyed the Christian Fiction Book Club discussion for The Sweet By and By.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog?
I thought the Edgy Christian Fiction Summer Blog Tour sparked lots of great discussion.
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Judging the Romance/Romantic Suspense category for the inaugural Inspy awards.
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2010?
Meeting fellow book bloggers Julia from Dark Glass Ponderings and Debra from Inkwell Inspirations at at book signing for Ruth Logan Herne from Seekerville. Putting faces to names was great fun.
7. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
The book blogging community! When I started blogging, I discovered this whole online network of book bloggers out there. Who knew?