Monday, September 13, 2010
A treasure chest of Christian fiction book blogs
In case you haven't heard, this is Book Blogger Appreciation Week, and Edgy Inspirational Romance has been nominated for the Best Spiritual, Inspirational or Religious Book Blog of 2010. But today, I'm excited to be able to spread some appreciation around.
Participants were asked to write about a new blog we've noticed in the past year, or about the first book blog we discovered after we started blogging.
I've decided to focus solely on fellow inspy reviewers, because there is sooo much talent in this pool. These ladies really should have been nominated in my category, and hopefully they'll enter next year. In no particular order, here are my favorites:
1. Black 'n Gold Girl's Book Spot- Renee's blog is the first Christian fiction book blog I noticed. I was a lurker before I was a follower. She reads the kinds of books I love, so I couldn't help but stick around.
2. Dark Glass Ponderings- I'm sure there's a rule somewhere that you shouldn't judge a blog by its design. Like a great book cover, the design of Julia's blog captured my attention but it's her inspiring thoughts on books,
faith and life that keep me reading.
3. Hott Books- Back when I had more fingers than followers, Gina found me, entered one of my first giveaways, and won (she had really great odds, lol). But what won me over was her enthusiastic blogging personality. She reviews a mix of genres, but you can find a healthy dose of Christian fiction over there too.
4. Seasons of Humility- I found Amber's blog while following Julie Lessman around the Internet (my propensity for stalking is well documented). Amber's sweet personality shines through in her writing. And she's got one of the most unique book rating systems I've ever come across, it's based on the seasons.
5. Edgy Inspirational Author Blog- I don't usually think 'book blogger' when I think of Michelle Sutton. She's a prolific edgy Christian fiction author and that's the title that sticks first. But she also happens to read and review more Christian fiction than most book bloggers I know. When I get offered a book for review, I often check to see if Michelle liked it before putting it in my TBR pile.
6. Hot Christian Book Reviews- Angie's blog is a recent discovery for me. But she's a girl after my own heart, she likes her inspy romance with a little steam. I'm so excited there's another edgy Christian fiction lover on the block.
7. WV Stitcher- Brenda is another blogger whose taste in books I admire. I look forward to reading her reviews.
8. Writing for Christ- Casey is also reviews the type of books I like to read. And she inspires me to do strange things with novels.
And I'd like to send a special shout out to the bloggers who've swapped with me for my Book Blog Swap feature: Tiffany at Tiffany's Bookshelf, Jules at My Own Little Corner of the World, and Shan from Curled Up with a Good Book and Cup of Tea.
There are so many that I haven't mentioned, help me out here...who are your favorite Christian fiction book bloggers? I want to see lots of entrants in this category next year! If they don't fall squarely into the inspy group, they should definitely enter the eclectic category.