I'm searching for more meaningful ways to connect with fans of Christian fiction. I have touched base with some of you through your blogs and on Twitter, but I'd like to chat with you in more detail. So, I'm starting a Christian fiction book club.
Thing is, I'd rather not host it every month. Instead, I'd prefer it hop from blog to blog. You don't need to be a book blogger or writer to participate. I'd love for this book club to cross over into Christian mommy blogs too!
I'll get us started by hosting September's club meeting here. We'll read Havah by Tosca Lee. Hopefully many of you were able to pick up a free download from Barnes and Noble when I announced the special a few weeks ago. But if not, I have a print copy to give away today (more on that later). Also, Havah is currently available for review at NetGalley.com.
Here's how the book club will work:
1. Secure a copy of Havah by Tosca Lee and read it between now and September 29.
2. Peruse these discussion questions on Tosca Lee's website. Choose one or more of them to address in a blog post. You might also want to include a short review of the book.
3. Schedule your blog post to run on September 29. You may copy and use the book club logo above if you'd like.
4. On Wednesday September 29, I will run my review and answer a few discussion questions. I'll include a MckLinky at the bottom so you can link your posts.
5. From Wednesday the 29th to Saturday Oct 2, we will hop around reading and commenting on the reviews and opinions of participating bloggers.
6. If you do not have a blog of your own, you can share your opinions about Havah in the comment sections of other blogs.
7. Have you already read Havah? Great, participate anyway! You'll got a head start answering some of the questions!
Here's more information about our September book club pick:
Myth and legend shroud her in mystery. Now hear her story....
From paradise to exile, from immortality to the death of Adam, experience the dawn of mankind through the eyes of the woman first known as...Havah.
Praise for Tosca Lee's Havah: The Story of Eve
"Havah is a novel with boundless imagination...a book of such scope, such beauty, that it defies description." -Eric Wilson, New York Times bestselling author of Fireproof.
"Tosca Lee has given us a veritable literary feast in Havah. Her vivid story of the original earth mother nourishes while her delicious use of language delights. Devour it." -Claudia Mair Burney, author of Wounded.
"The story of Eve comes alive in this interpretation of the first people of the Bible. Even today, this story of love, longing, and loss offers encouragement." -Romantic Times
"Tosca Lee has breathed new life into the story we thought we all knew so well." -Fiction Addict
"An enchanting story, masterfully told by an extraordinary wordsmith." -Robert Liparulo, author of Comes a Horseman.
Giveaway time! Want to win a copy of Havah by Tosca Lee?
Also, I'd love to get some book recommendations for October and pipe up if you're interested in hosting future meetings at your blog.
Want more information about future book club picks and locations? Join my group at the Book Club Network or look for updates in the Christian Fiction group at Book Blogs.
(Will you consider tweeting or blogging about this book club to drum up some interest? My social share buttons are below.)