Tuesday, July 27, 2010
My top ten favorite books of all time
Except for number one, these titles are in no particular order.
1. The Bible- Looking for a life changing read? Try this one.
2. Roots by Alex Haley- This book was even longer than the mini-series, but worth the time investment.
3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
4. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton- When I was a tween, I named my parrot Ponyboy. 'Nuf said.
5. This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti- Two decades ago, this book started my love affair with Christian fiction (Thank you, Frank!).
6. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell- What self respecting romance lover hasn't read GWTW? Awesome book, but I always wished Scarlett and Rhett had a happily ever after.
7. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers- Edgy inspirational romance at its finest. If you never read another book I recommend on this blog, read this one.
8. Pink and Say by Patricia Polacco- This is a children's book that I read to my third grade class every year. And every year when I get to the last page, I get choked up.
Yeah, I'll be able to hear your groans coming through the computer with my last two choices:
9. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
10. The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
They don't claim to be literary, but any series that can make me haul myself out of bed at dawn to be the first person in line at Barnes and Noble, deserves a spot on my top ten list.
The Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene
The Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery
Both of these series sparked a love of reading in my little ten year old heart that still burns today.
Want to share your top ten list? Head over to the Broke and the Bookish.